Pages

Things I Love About Fall - Installment #2

11.02.2009

THE FESTIVITIES.
There are ALWAYS really fun things to do outdoors in the Fall, i.e. going to pumpkin patches, going apple picking, etc. Seth and I were really excited to be back in Ohio for Fall this year because we got to experience the one-and-only Circleville Pumpkin Show. The small town of Circleville, OH devotes 4 days to this pumpkin extravaganza, and they pull out all the stops. I had gone to the CPS when I was younger, and Seth had been once before in college, but we were excited to finally be able to go together.

The crowd
The crowd
The pumpkin tree
The pumpkin tree
The BIGGEST pumpkin of all
The BIGGEST pumpkin of all
The two of us, elated upon purchasing a bag of the infamous mini pumpkin donuts
The two of us, elated upon purchasing a bag of the infamous mini pumpkin donuts

Also, who doesn't love a good old-fashioned night in, carving pumpkins, roasting pumpkin seeds, and drinking apple cider (some prefer it spiced and hot; I prefer it non-spiced and cold)??? Here are this year's creations from the Williams household:

306
Seth's jack-o-lantern
My jack-o-lantern (yes, I used a stencil)
My jack-o-lantern (yes, I used a stencil)

We had such a blast this Halloween, as it was our first Halloween where we lived in an area that trick-or-treaters came through. My sister Shelby came over, and she, Seth, and I had a great time greeting the kids and seeing all the fun costumes, while staying warm with the help of blankets and hot chocolate!

Seth excitedly awaiting the arrival of our first trick-or-treater!
Seth excitedly awaiting the arrival of our first trick-or-treater
Me and Shelb staying warm
Me and Shelb staying warm

Last (but not least), we participated in the "BOO-rito" give-away that Chipotle was doing on Halloween. Basically, if you came dressed up as a burrito, Chipotle gives you a burrito, burrito bowl, or taco for FREE!!! We had fun with this...

Introducing the tinfoil hat, scarf...
Introducing the tinfoil hat, scarf...
...and diaper???
...and diaper???
My parents also hosted a squaredance on their property this year, but we were visiting friends in San Diego when it took place. Hopefully, it will be an annual event, and we'll be able to post photos next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment